The PADI Tec Deep Instructor course incorporates instructional philosophies and course goals that directly address the demanding and challenging nature of technical diving instruction. This course prepares candidates to conduct the Tec Deep Diver as well as Tec 45 through 50 courses and addresses the philosophy, organization, practical considerations, promotion and other aspects of teaching the Tec Deep Diver course.
As a Tec Deep Instructor, you’ll be qualified to conduct the Discover Tec experience:
- Teach the Tec 40 course
- Teach the Tec 45 course
- Teach the Tec 50 course
The PADI Tec Deep Instructor course is conducted over four to twelve days.
- Renewed PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (or a PADI Instructor with a higher rating)
- PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have successfully completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor Training course.
- PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor or have successfully completed a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor Training course.
- Minimum of 100 logged dives with at least:
- 20 dives with enriched air nitrox
- 25 dives deeper than 18 metres/ 60 feet
- 15 dives were deeper than 30 metres/ 100 feet.
- Note that PADI Tec Deep Diver or Tec 50 is not required. If you are not certified as a Tec Deep Diver (or equivalent), then the Tec Deep Instructor training course must include the entire Tec Deep Diver or Tec 50 course (must be Tec 45).
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Tec Diver Course Instructor Guide with Binder & Appendix CD-ROM
- Tec Diver Course Lesson Guides, CD-ROM
- Tec 40, 45 & 50 Instructor Slates Set
- Tec 40 Diver Exam
- Tec 45 Diver Exam
- Tec 50 Diver Exam
- Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD
Course Preparation – Independent Study
- Complete the Tec 40 through Tec 50 knowledge reviews before class.