PADI IDC Staff instructors are qualified to assist PADI Course Directors in conducting PADI Instructor Development Courses and other Instructor-level continuing education courses.
During the first day of the PADI IDC Staff Instructor Course, you will be familiarized with the Instructor Development process and receive training in the evaluation of academic, confined water and open water presentations. You will also be trained in how to organize and teach the PADI Assistant Instructor Course, a program which may only be conducted by PADI IDC Staff Instructors and PADI Course Directors. Your academic knowledge and confined water skill demonstrations will be evaluated and you will be required to give one academic and one confined water teaching presentation.
Over the remaining six days of the program you will participate in a complete PADI IDC (Instructor Development Course). Throughout the course you will perfect your evaluation skills alongside the Course Director during candidate academic, confined water and open water presentations.
The PADI IDC Staff Instructor course is open to PADI Instructors who hold the rating of PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (MSDT). Completion of this course is one of the prerequisites for PADI members wishing to attain the prestigious PADI Master Instructor level.
The PADI IDC Staff Instructor course is conducted over 7-8 days
- Teaching status PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer.
- Current Emergency First Response Instructor
- Agree to conduct all levels of diver training consistent with the standards and philosophy outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual and PADI Course Director Manual.
- Agree to use the PADI System and its components.
- Must complete medical form. Some conditions require a doctor’s approval before diving.
- Minimum Age: 18 years old.
- PADI Course Director Manual
- PADI Instructor Manual
- PADI Guide to Teaching
- Confined Water Presentation Evaluation slate
- Open Water Presentation Evaluation slate
- Skills Evaluation Slate
- Confined Water Lesson preparation Slate
- Open Water Lesson Preparation Slate
- Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor Outline
- Project Aware Specialty Program Instructor Outline
- Aware Coral Reef Conservation Program Instructor Outline
- Aquatic Cue Cards – Confined Water and Open Water
Course Preparation – Independent Study
- Review the Dive Theory in the Diving Knowledge workbook or take the Dive Theory eLearning
- The Dive Theory eLearning will waive the Dive Theory exam requirement during the preassessment phase of the course.
- Become familiar with the PADI Course Director Manual
- Practice the skills demonstration circuit