The PADI Assistant Instructor course provides PADI Divemasters, and those certified to leadership levels with other diver training organizations, with additional training as instructional assistants and dive educators. This course builds upon the divemaster’s abilities to organize and supervise dive activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. Through independent study, classroom sessions and practical application, candidates learn to construct effective teaching presentations and conduct PADI programs.
The PADI Assistant Instructor course consists of:
- Formal training in conducting PADI courses and experience programs.
- Independent study assignments.
- Practical application sessions.
- Written examination.
PADI Assistant Instructors are qualified to:
- Act as an instructional assistant.
- Assume additional teaching responsibilities.
- Independently teach the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course.
- Independently teach non-diving specialty courses (requires specialty instructor training)
Course is conducted over 2-3 days and includes at least one open water dive
- PADI Divemaster or other organization’s leadership certification.
- CPR/First Aid training within 24 months.
- Certified Diver for at least 6 months.
- Be fit to dive and submit Medical Statement signed by your physician that is less than one year old.
- 60 logged dives including experience in deep, night, and navigation diving for our Career candidates*
- Minimum Age: 18 years old.
*Please note that EASE career program candidates attending the IE with less than 100 dives will be required to apply for the PADI Assistant Instructor rating.
- IDC Crew Pack
- Recreational Dive Planner: eRDPml and Table, plus Instructions for Use booklet
- PADI Adventures in Diving manual
- PADI Rescue Diver manual
- PADI Divemaster manual
- PADI Open Water Diver Manual
- PADI Instructor Manual – Paper or Digital version. The paper version is included in the DM crewpack, while the digital version is available for free download by Divemasters on PADI’s website
- Complete the required IDC eLearning course online
- Review the Dive Theory in the Diving Knowledge workbook or take the Dive Theory eLearning
- Become familiar with the PADI Instructor manual
- Practice the skills demonstration