Sidemount has caught on in both recreational and open-circuit tec diving as a popular alternative equipment configuration. As a Tec Sidemount Instructor, you can qualify divers to use sidemount so they can take any of the TecRec open-circuit tec courses using the configuration. You can also train divers to use sidemount within the limits of their current open-circuit TecRec certifications.
The PADI Tec Sidemount Instructor course is conducted over three days.
- PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certification (or PADI Instructor with a higher rating)
- PADI Enriched Air Instructor certification (or have successfully completed the PADI EANx Instructor training course)
- PADI Deep Diver Instructor certification (or have successfully completed the PADI Deep Diver Instructor training course)
- Minimum of 100 logged dives, with at least
- 20 with enriched air
- 25 deeper than 18m
- 15 deeper than 30m
- PADI Tec 45 diver certification (or have a qualifying certification)
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Tec Sidemount Diver manual
- Tec Sidemount Instructor Guide
Course Preparation – Independent Study
- Complete the Tec Sidemount knowledge reviews before class.