First Response Primary and Secondary Care is a comprehensive program based on professional instructional design and educational protocols, as well as International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) standards. The program is composed of two core modules and provides extensive instruction in CPR and First Aid, in addition to providing optional Automated External Defibrillator (AED), and emergency oxygen use training. The course also covers injuries or illnesses that are not immediately life threatening or when local EMS is unavailable or delayed. Participants focus on secondary assessments and the appropriate first aid through knowledge development, skills development and realistic scenario practice.
Course is conducted over either half a day or a full day, depending on the amount of independent study done by the student.
- EFR Primary and Secondary Care Manual
- First Aid Pack (included in Deluxe EFR Kit and sold separately). Includes: Bandages, gauze, gloves and mouth barrier
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care Video
- Emergency First Response Care at a Glance card
Course Preparation – Independent Study
- Complete all Knowledge Reviews in the EFR participant manual before the class begins.
- Watch EFR video