If you’re serious about becoming a technical instructor and joining the ranks of PADI technical instructors, the Tec Diver Instructor course is an obvious choice. This course incorporates instructional philosophies and course goals that directly address the demanding and challenging nature of technical diving instruction.
The PADI Tec Instructor course prepares candidates to conduct the Tec 40 course and addresses the philosophy, organization, practical considerations, promotion and other aspects of teaching the Tec 40 course.
As a Tec Instructor, you’ll be qualified to:
- Teach and certify students up to Tec 40
- Assist full Tec Deep Instructors during the Tec 45 course
The PADI Tec Instructor course is conducted over three to six days.
- Renewed PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (or a PADI Instructor with a higher rating)
- PADI Enriched Air Diver certification (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- PADI Enriched Air Instructor certification, or have successfully completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor Training course.
- PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor certification or have successfully completed a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor Training course.
- Minimum of 100 logged dives with at least:
- 20 dives with enriched air nitrox
- 25 dives deeper than 18 metres/ 60 feet
- 15 dives were deeper than 30 metres/ 100 feet.
- Medical form signed by your physician within 12 months.
- Note that Tec 40 is not required. If you are not certified as a Tec 40 Diver (or have a qualifying certification from another training organization), then the Tec 40 Instructor training course must include the entire Tec 40 Diver course.
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Tec Diver Course Instructor Guide with Binder & Appendix CD-ROM
- Tec Diver Course Lesson Guides, CD-ROM
- Tec 40, 45 & 50 Instructor Slates Set
- Tec 40 Diver Exam
- Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD
Course Preparation – Independent Study
- Complete the Tec 40 knowledge reviews before class.