Tec Sidemount offers the same benefits as the PADI Sidemount Diver course but gives you the opportunity to dive with 2+ cylinders for extended dive times.
The Tec Sidemount Diver course is a great way to get started into technical diving because the skills you learn in this course will train you to handle multiple cylinders on a single dive.
You can combine what you learn in the Tec Sidemount Diver course with other open-circuit Tec courses that you take, or certifications you’ve already earned, to take advantage of sidemount’ s cylinder configuration and handling advantages.
The PADI Tec Sidemount Diver course is conducted over three days.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization
- 30 or more logged dives
- Certification as a PADI Enriched Air Diver is recommended
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Tec Sidemount Diver manual
Course Preparation – Independent Study
- Complete the knowledge reviews in the handout and separate KR before class