The PADI Assistant Instructor course provides PADI Divemasters, and those certified to leadership levels with other diver training organizations, with additional training as instructional assistants and dive educators. This course builds upon the divemaster’s abilities to organize and supervise dive activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. Through independent study, classroom sessions and practical application, candidates learn to construct effective teaching presentations and conduct PADI programs.
The PADI Assistant Instructor course consists of:
1. Formal training in conducting PADI courses and experience programs.
2. Independent study assignments.
3. Practical application sessions.
4. Written examination.
PADI Assistant Instructors are qualified to:
1. Act as an instructional assistant.
2. Assume additional teaching responsibilities.
3. Independently teach the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy course.
4. Independently teach non-diving specialty courses (requires specialty instructor training)
Course is conducted over 2-3 days and includes at least one open water dive.
|Prerequisite Certification||• PADI Divemaster or other organization’s leadership
• CPR and First Aid within 24 months of certification
• Certified Diver for at least 6 months
|Minimum Age||18 years old|
|Minimum Experience||• 60 logged dives including experience in deep, night, and navigation diving for our Career candidates*|
|Medical Considerations||Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months|
• IDC Crew Pack
• Recreational Dive Planner, eRDPml and Table, and Instructions for Use booklet
• PADI Adventures in Diving manual • PADI Rescue Diver manual
• PADI Divemaster manual
• PADI Open Water Diver Manual
• PADI Skill Practice and Dive Planning Slate
Course Preparation – Independent Study
• Complete the required IDC eLearning course online
• Review the Dive Theory in the Diving Knowledge workbook or take the Dive Theory eLearning
• Become familiar with the PADI Instructor manual
• Practice the skills demonstration
AI for eLearner
for 3 days
eLearning access pass must
be obtained through EASE