There are many reasons for becoming an Emergency First Response Instructor. Consider the following:
- Teach CPR and first aid to others so they can be prepared for an emergency
- No marketing restrictions other than those imposed by local regulation
- Performance based training – meaning effective use of instructor time through participant independent study
- High quality instructor and participant materials incorporating state of the art instructional design principles
- Up-to-date with current medical guidelines for layperson emergency care
- International in scope, allowing for local or regional variation of skill technique
- AED training incorporated into basic course offerings
- Simplification of teaching emergency care as mandated by research findings
- Divides primary care (CPR) and secondary care (first aid) into two separate courses, conforming to the international call for simplification of layperson emergency care training
- CPR / First Aid Instructor rating required for PADI Instructor certification
You will gain experience in how to structure learning, the requirements of performance-based training and your role as the instructor in the learning environment for teaching CPR and first aid.
You also learn how to motivate students, evaluate student knowledge, present course content effectively, become proficient in developing students’ hands-on skills practice sessions, and are taught how to present an effective scenario-based learning experience.
You will learn how to conduct the Emergency First Response Primary Care (CPR) and Emergency First Response Secondary Care (first aid) courses.
You also learn to conduct the recommended Automated External Defibrillator (AED), emergency oxygen and conscious choking management skills.
|Prerequisite Certification||CPR and First Aid within 24 months|
|Minimum Age||18 years old|
Emergency First Response Start-up Kit
Course Preparation – Independent Study
Complete Knowledge reviews in the EFR Instructor Manual
Watch all videos
EFR Instructor Application
Advanced Open Water
DAN DEMP or EFR
PADI O2 Instructor